This education resource kit:
- has been specifically designed for teachers to engage middle and upper primary students. It can be used to achieve relevant learning outcomes in the national SOSE curriculum and individual state and territory curriculum relating to SOSE and HSIE;
- provides classroom-based resources that act as a direct reference to exhibits contained within the National Capital Exhibition; and
- presents teachers with the opportunity to reinforce the role of Australia's National Capital and to familiarise students with the story of Canberra.
The resource kit includes:
- comprehensive curriculum links
- lesson plans
- a National Capital Exhibition Interpretation Guide
- laminated replica photographs
- student investigation work sheets
- activity sheets
- National Capital quick facts
- National Capital Exhibition handy hints
- detailed references
All materials in this kit can be photocopied for the purpose of classroom-based learning.